I recently learned of a comfort box (or grounding box), which could help people with their anxiety. It’s a stress reliever of sorts.
All you have to do is put together things that calm you, relieve your stress, make you comfortable, or that make you happy; in a box (or a bag). You could put in books, CDs, encouraging notes, toys, and even food!
I’m planning on making one for myself; because I think gathering the things I’d put in there would be fun; and I really think this would help me. I’ll most likely put them in a bag though, so it’d be easier for me to keep it around without my family thinking about it too much.
The things I plan on putting in the pack are the following:
1. A stressball
2. small journal/doodle notebook.
3. Pen, pencil, and colored pencils.
4. Marker/s. (I heard about marking up your skin as an alternative to SH)
5. White Flower (that oil which has a minty scent)/one of those menthol inhalers
6. Pictures of my loved ones. (because sometimes I still have to remind myself that there are people who care for me)
7. A book. (Perks of Being A Wallflower)
8. A print of the poems I made in book form (so others who’d see it won’t think I actually wrote them. heh)
9. a scarf and a bonnet (and maybe socks? I know I’d look silly but I think I’d be past the point of caring by that point)
10. ear plugs
11. list of activities/projects I could do
12. Maybe a small stuffed toy I could talk to (it’s not at all weird, I think)
13. Words of encouragement
I guess that’s it for now. I’m actually excited to start on this later on in the morning!
Oh well, wish me luck.